Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun on the Farm



I have been longing to begin outdoor activities with Abby. She is so active and curious and she love the outdoors. Today was a beautiful day so we took advantage and went to the Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point.


Abby loved to see the chickens. They were very friendly to her and her fingers. It made me a little nervous, but she left with her fingers intact and very excited about chickens.
This peacock was absolutely beautiful and very curious. It came right up to the front and was interested in Abby's stroller. She must have spilled something in it a while ago, because several animals ended up licking at the side of her stroller.



Abby LOVED the horses! The greatest part was that these horses loved the kids. This horse came right up to her and let her pet it;s mane. She was adorable.

I think I may get this one framed.


This most exciting part of Farm Country. They give you a ticket to ride the ponies! We tried to ride the ponies almost a
year ago and it was a disaster. She was so small and she just screamed. I really was a little nervous at how she would react, but as soon as I said "let's ride the ponies" she bolted off and tried to find a way under the ropes. She did so well. As you can see, she basically rode by herself. I just had my hand at her back while we went around to make sure she didn't randomly want to get off.

What a great shot!

2 comments:

Brie said...

I looks like you all had a fun day. McKay loves Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country. We used to have a membership there. It was totally worth it. We would go all the time. You should look into it.

Lindsay said...

She's at such a fun age! I'm excited when it's fun to go to the farm. :)
P.S. I love Abby's hat.