Sunday, February 28, 2010

A great weekend...

I love having a weekend where I feel that I actually got some rest and I got things done as well. These times are few and far between, but when they come they are a welcome respite.

Abby has been as cute as ever. She spent most of Saturday in Moroni with Grandma and Grandpa. She is beyond spoiled and just has a blast. As you can see, she is always well cared for...



Adorable right?



As for Kevin, he finished up his marketing class for his MBA. Usually finishing a class is really stressful because of projects and tests, but this class for some reason was pretty relaxed and the end was pretty anti-climatic. He finished up 3 hours earlier than usual, which was really nice.

I had a nice run with my Springville running group and spent the rest of the morning running errands. That left us with the rest of the day to do things we never have time for and just hang out.

Our Sunday has been extremely nice as well. Kevin woke up and made Eggs Benedict for me(one of his specialities). They were fabulous! We then headed to church and had a nice sacrament meeting other than Abby deciding to draw all over her hands and arms during the sacrament. This is a quick phone picture that I took in the mother's room as I was trying to clean her up. notice the green marker not only on her hands but on the side of her head as well. Lovely.



Green marker makes a great complement to a pink dress...

Anyway, after a relaxing morning and church, we followed it by hanging out and having a great dinner. Again, Kevin treated us to home-made tostadas. Just in case you cared, we had fresh strawberries and cream for dessert. Fabulous!

It really is the small and simple things that make life wonderful.
I have no spectacular story as to why my weekend was so great. I think it is because I took the time to enjoy it, and that is what made all the difference.


2 comments:

Dani said...

that's some fort she's building!

Colette said...

Blair, I love the look of your blog. I love relaxing weekends as well. Abby is growing up so fast. She is still adorable!