Monday, January 18, 2010

What's most important.



I have really been thinking about the important stuff lately. I have had several experiences over the last month or so that prompted me to take some introspection and decide what is really important. Here are three things that I came up with:

1. Fostering a loving family
2. Faith in God
3.Personal Growth

I could expound on these things, but I don't claim to be a novelist. When I get caught up in the stresses of the here and now I can take peace in thinking and focusing on these things.

I have found it to be a wonderful exercise to decide the three most important things in your life and focus on giving your everything to those ideals. This falls along the lines of "live simply and love much".

I read a great quote today during our Family Home Evening and I wanted to share. Elder Jeffery R. Holland said:

"Dismiss the destructive, and keep dismissing it until the beauty of the Atonement of Christ has revealed to you your bright future and the bright future of your family, your friends, and your neighbors. God doesn’t care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go."

I think that is a good piece of advice.







4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really like the picture of Abby sitting on Kevin...and the idea of dismissing the destructive. :)

Danny and Nicole Larson said...

Great advice! It is good to have a clear perspective about life and where we should be headed. Life seems so much more peaceful this way. I know many times I get so busy I forget these things--and thats when things usually get crazy!

Sarah Moeck said...

I think Abby could be Kevins twin! I agree with Lindsay- I love the quote. I love that part about him not caring where you have been but where you are now. It's like living in the moment, in a spiritual way :)

Bear said...

I liked that quote too. Good job. I think your pick for top three were perfect.